Saturday, September 14, 2024

Urgh.

Over the past few weeks, I've been watching an awful lot of YouTube videos of people who have moved to Japan and are posting videos around their lives there. I think that fed into a dream I had last night. As did a recent rewatch, on Thursday night, of "Lost in Translation".

In the dream, I was watching a friend of mine (I think KfW2 or E, but it wasn't clear) in these videos with one of the Japan-based YouTubers (is that a real word?). However, at the end of the videos, the YouTuber announced that they'd bought a house for my friend. And I was sad because my friend hadn't told me that they were a) moving to Japan and b) had a house fully paid for, and gifted to them, by this "celebrity".

I woke up feeling pretty down with some wanderlust mixed in, too. It was a pretty weird combination, to be honest.

But in trivia news, and somewhat of a coincidence, Thursday was the 21st anniversary of the film's original release.

No comments:

Let's go?

The wanderlust continues. It wasn't a dream this time, but a vague sense of deja vu. After I graduated from university, I travelled to N...