Friday, September 06, 2024

Calling.

I phoned KfW2 this morning. I wanted to check in, plus I was interested in seeing if she was going to say anything about her radio silence of the past few weeks.

"Were your ears burning?" she asked when she answered the phone. I was momentarily surprised because I wasn't actually expecting her to pick up the phone.

"No. But I hope it was all good." I laughed.

"It always is!"

"Hmmmm...." I pondered out loud.

But the conversation moved on. We chatted, mostly about our respective work, and then she had to go as she was heading out with her husband. It was nice hearing her voice and she did sound genuinely glad to hear from me, but we didn't cover some stuff that I would have liked. That's not a huge deal though. It was the phone itself that was important.

No comments:

Let's go?

The wanderlust continues. It wasn't a dream this time, but a vague sense of deja vu. After I graduated from university, I travelled to N...