Sunday, September 29, 2024

Pardon?

KfW2 called yesterday. Unsurprisingly, she was in the car, taking her kids somewhere. I could barely hear what she was saying as her kids were constantly chatting. It's starting to get me really down. 

I know that I've nearly always complained about the difficulty in getting some time with KfW2 in person, but this phone call thing is depressing, too. 

I love hearing from her, but it's not good quality communication - she's on speaker phone, it's rushed, she's distracted and the kids, if they are present, are often too loud to allow for a decent conversation. And, obviously, if the kids are present, we have to be aware of the topics of conversation.

At least if we're out for dinner and/or drinks, a lot of this stuff isn't a factor. But, despite sharing, once again, that I've found this year to be particularly tough, it still feels like it's not registering.

I don't want to force the issue. I'm still super-paranoid about burning bridges due to the CH incident (though I still maintain that I did nothing wrong there).

No comments:

Let's go?

The wanderlust continues. It wasn't a dream this time, but a vague sense of deja vu. After I graduated from university, I travelled to N...