Sunday, February 09, 2020

Questions, answered?

I posted a while ago that I had a suspicion that QC2 had become a mother. Amusing and interesting because of the fact that when we were close (and in our mid-20s), she was adamant that she didn't want kids.

Even when we were both older, before we lost touch with each other, she still didn't want kids. We'd spoken about it a few times. I'd shared my theory that I'd maybe not been as pro-active as I might have been in meeting people because I had no interest in starting a family. Well, meeting people for a relationship, that is.

Obviously, that's not the sole reason - there are plenty of others - my chronic social anxiety/shyness is probably the main reason. But in my 20s and early 30s, I was happy doing short term dating and having the odd one night stand. A proper relationship wasn't really in my sights (though I wasn't actively avoiding one either as my time with FA2 will attest).

Getting back to the point at hand, I was browsing through the Facebook photos of a local Parkrun - a friend of mine had recently run his 200th race and had been tagged on Facebook. Lo and behold, who should I see in one of the photos, but QC2. Not just QC2 though. QC2 and a pram.

Looks like my suspicions were true!

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...