Friday, February 28, 2020

Just thinking.

Twelve years ago, probably to the minute, I was in the air somewhere, on my way to visit, amongst others, E. Tellingly, while I was going to be in FA2's neighbourhood, I never let her know. She was history then, though to this day we're still Facebook friends. The fact this popped into my head is because it's a leap year. I landed on 29th February.

It was a trip that nearly changed my life. Both FA2 and E had emigrated to that specific place because of me. FA2 had adopted a dream/goal of mine when she was originally looking to take a career break and had no ideas of her own. E had listened to me extol the virtues of that country for years prior to her desire to emigrate, so when she made the decision to go, I was the major influence.

FA2 never admitted as much, but E admitted the last time she was home that I was the reason she left. No, hang on. I was the reason she picked where to go. Yes, that's better.

And that's got me thinking about both E and travel again. Sigh.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...