Sunday, February 16, 2020

Wanderlust

Whilst watching "Lost in Translation" I have an overwhelming sense of two things: a desire to travel and a loneliness.

I'd love to see Tokyo and just generally travel... but specifically have enough money that I can fly first class, stay in nice hotels etc. plus it would scratch an itch for an adventure. I think the recent news from E made me think about visiting her again. I had always planned to go out again, but I'd assumed it would be for her wedding.

The loneliness thing came out of nowhere. I don't know why the film has stirred up this, but the melancholy seems oddly fitting for a Sunday night.

Still, Scarlett Johansson in a pink wig is a welcome distraction, and the film is excellent too.



No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...