Saturday, February 08, 2020

Just wondering.

I can't say that there are a lot, if any, advantages of being semi-active on online dating sites and apps for a prolonged period of time. Actually, just the apps... it's been a long time since I had a member ship of PoF or Match.com.

However, as I may have said in previous posts, there are some faces that do pop up again on a semi-regular or infrequent basis - my sister's athletic, hot, school friend, a couple of local semi-celebrities and others.

Sometimes, when bored, I wonder why they keep popping up. There's one girl who pops up in my feed probably twice a week (when I am more active). How does she do this? You need to reset your account, I believe, to show up again. Why does she do this?

Another girl who seems to pop up every now and again is this cute, blonde girl with a good figure who's only a year or so younger than I am. We've never matched sadly (I always swipe right), but she tends to disappear for a while - presumably dating - before re-appearing. And repeat.

I'd not seen this girl probably for a year and a half at least, when she popped up on my Tinder feed again... this time her profile was slightly different.

She still likes playing pool, but her time is now limited due to there being a one year old to look after.

Active on dating sites roughly eighteen months ago... goes off the radar... reappears with a one year old. Certainly gives you* something to ponder.

*Well, me. It gives me something to ponder.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...