Saturday, August 03, 2019

Boxes.

A random message on Facebook from Ideas Girl led to a brief conversation. It ended with IG asking me to get in touch if my plans tonight don't pan out, that we could grab a drink. She's a thing on tonight, but wants to avoid it. I appear to be her backup plan.

That's not going to happen, of course.

I think any chance we had of becoming friends pretty much ended when she turned drunk-nasty a few times when I've rejected her advances.

Plus, well, I've rejected her advances at least two or three times.

She keeps saying that we're friends, but in my head, we're not. We're people who know each other. But I've often found that I categorise my relationships with other people quite strictly.

I remember in my last job, before I joined my current company, my then-manager sat me in a corner to tell me my contract wasn't being renewed. It wasn't anything personal, we'd still be friends.

Friends? I barely knew the man, had only worked with him for about six months on a temporary contract. It's only now that I look at KfW2's husband as my friend, rather than the husband of my friend, if that makes sense. That's taken nearly ten years.

So... me and IG. Well, we won't be meeting for drinks and it'll take a miracle for our current status to change into friendship or anything else.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...