Saturday, August 17, 2019

Pub Hunch

Nerdy Girl hugged me tightly when I was saying my goodbyes. It was leaving drinks for a few people from work, most of whom I didn't know, but Nerdy Girl had specifically asked me along, despite us not knowing each other particularly well or for too long.

"Can I get you to stay?" she asked.

I was a little confused. I'd barely seen her all evening as she'd been flitting from group to group. She was hammered too. I was more than tipsy myself, hence my leaving. It wasn't particularly early or late. I'd been out for about five hours, but I know when to call it a night and this was a good point.

"Nope! I'm horrendously drunk* and I need to go home"

* This was an exaggeration.

Still... I can't escape the feeling that Nerdy Girl was looking for something, despite the fact that she's shown no obvious indicators of interest, I just have this hunch based on very little.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...