Thursday, August 01, 2019

Home.

Today marks the eighth anniversary of moving into a quite spectacular city centre apartment with stunning views. You know, the kind you often see on young adult comedies. We managed to get a great deal on the place and while it wasn't perfect (some of the walls between apartments were terribly thin), the positives outweighed the negatives.

In fact I got the keys around this time and spent the entire afternoon moving and unpacking.

This was the place where one of ES's previous boyfriends had lived (hence us having slept in the same bed, albeit a few years apart). It was also the place where I met Attractive Neighbour, and where R2 had lived in an adjacent unit previously.

In a conversation with AN a year or so ago, we both admitted that we didn't get to meet our neighbours as much as we would have liked. Our expectations of apartment living, in that regard, didn't get met.

Obviously, I had to live with MfW2, UF, Heating Guy and TV Guy which posed problems (and I'm still disappointed that the Scottish doctor turned us down which led to Heating Guy moving in. But all-in-all I loved the place, if not the people I shared with.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...