Saturday, August 03, 2019

Chill out

In a one on one meeting with my boss a few days ago he mentioned that he thinks I've been more open, more relaxed over the past few months.

You know, it's probably true. Things have been decent enough in work recently and there are real signs that my peers are recognising my input in ways that my boss can see. My boss himself has implied (or let slip) that a promotion is coming my way in the next few months - September or October.

Also, one of my co-workers has been out for the past two months. He can be difficult and while I don't actively dislike him, I think his absence has been calming. He's an angry, semi-aggressive, rude/brusque person, so having him about raises the tension levels. Or at least I believe that it does.

There's also the fact that, completely unbeknownst to my boss, I've been formulating some plans for the future of the team with some other people. A future that would be interesting, definitely help with any promotion chances (if the next few months don't come to pass as expected) and get me away from Stalky Guy and Brusque Guy.

I can't say that it's definitely one or the other. I'd suggest a combination of both definitely with an emphasis on the former - the knowledge of a promotion would definitely help, so does the thought of a change of scenery, a break up of the two favourites etc.

Of course, there are other changes afoot that no-one else knows about.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...