Tuesday, August 06, 2019

Down and out.

It seems like ages since I last saw or spoke to KfW2 at any length. The last time I remember seeing her was a few weeks ago, when she took me for lunch, and that felt flat. Before that, it must have been June due to various working patterns, our own annual leave etc.

She's off on her spa day today with a friend and she's not in work until next week.

We've swapped text messages and stuff, but we've not had a proper conversation in... I can't remember.

That saddens me. KfW2 is one of my very closest friends and it frustrates me that I am still having conversations with her about a grown up day out. Meanwhile, in the past month or so alone, she's had a spa day, at least two nights out with other friends and our own social engagements (i.e. the lunch) were postponed a few times, by KfW2.

It kinda reminds me of the criticism that I levelled at CH, about her reliability and the fact that everything was done to her wishes/timetable etc. It's the same currently with KfW2, though it was this criticism and CH's inability/desire to take it on board that led to our friendship ending. I don't want that to happen with KfW2.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...