Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Making a point.

Just like my online dating adventures, I've been browsing our internal job site to see if there's anything interesting. If I'm not being appreciated by my current boss, I might at least start again.

And, eventually, I saw a job that looked vaguely interesting. Not 100% what I want (though to be honest, I'm not entirely sure what that is right now), but certainly enough to look closer. So I set up a meeting with the guy who's doing the hiring and went to meet him for a chat.

It was KfW2's boss. I should have clicked when I read the job description.

Still, he gave me enough to think about it. I'm not 100% suitable, but I can probably put together a good enough internal application to warrant an interview.

And, right now, that's enough. It's enough to give my manager a shock... though he's unlikely to let me leave under the current circumstances, but I'm beyond caring about him. If he valued my contribution, I'd be promoted or would expect one in my next review, but he's already said that it's at least 18 months away.

I had one last obstacle. I wanted to ask KfW2 if she had any issues with me potentially joining her new team. People already talk about us, people talking is her prime reason for never staying over at mine and if people found out I was moving to her new team then, you guessed it, people would talk. Maybe she enjoyed the fact that we weren't working side-by-side every single day, as we were prior to her leaving for the new opportunity?

She had no issues.

Her initial reply was "Hahahahahahaha" and I got several of those throughout the day, but ultimately she was "go for it", after some teasing about missing her.

So, I have a few days to put together an application and send it off. Right now, I'm more interested in making a point with my boss than actually getting the job, but maybe that'll change if I get an interview?

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...