Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Figures.

KfW2 texted me late last night.

"What you doing this Saturday?"

"Nothing right now," I replied.

"Wanna come down to mine on Saturday for party?"

"Let me think about it"

And that was it.

Today:

"Why you not coming to mine?"

"I've not decided if I am or not yet, but I've got a three day headache and I'm not sleeping well. I don't want to say I'll go down, then have to cancel if I still feel like crap at the weekend."

She seemed satisfied with the reply, which was the honest truth. Then on the way home...

"Can I go shopping?"

I looked at her quizzically.

"For the weekend" she explained. "I'm cooking."

"Oh, at this stage, I'd say no. I'd rather not say yes then cancel. I still feel like crap."

"Well, don't ever complain that you're never invited down cos 90% of the time you refuse."

That's interesting. I never complain that I'm not invited down. I might complain that I only ever get invited down when other people are there, or it's a kiddie friendly play date or that she doesn't come out with me for a grown up night out. But me feeling like crap aside, part of me wouldn't want to go down because it's a family night - KfW2 and hers, her sis-in-law and KfW2's parents (and probably parents in law as well).

And 90% of the time, I refuse? Somehow I think she's exaggerating. 20%, I'd allow (but still think was high). Or maybe it seems higher to her because she's genuinely disappointed I don't go down more?

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...