Saturday, October 27, 2018

Sniff.

I have a folder on my PC full of personal stuff. It's not personal stuff like CVs or stuff related to my house, but actual, proper personal stuff - drafts of messages, some chat logs. Essentially stuff that I wouldn't want other people to read.

I was browsing an old chat between myself and KfW2 from years ago when she was trying to get me to try online dating. I was reluctant and eventually confessed to previously trying it and it kicking me in my self-esteem.

The entire conversation, snatched over the course of a few days, reminded me of why I was friends with KfW2. She exudes a warmth and empathy that I don't ever remember getting from anyone before, even AM who I was close with for years. FA2 showed it in spells, but you'd expect that from your partner.

And it kinda made me feel a little bit lonely as well. I want to meet someone like that. Having some emotional support, right here, at a time where I'm professionally and personally unhappy would be a great help, I think.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...