Thursday, October 11, 2018

And words are all I have.

Following on from this post and, after having a chat with a couple of ex-colleagues, I've got an email drafted to send to my boss. It pretty much says that I want off the team, that I'm looking for other jobs and I need to do this for the good of my health.

I've been pretty much obsessing about promotions for a couple of years, which isn't healthy in itself, but there's been added stress from a few sources and, if I am being honest, my boss is falling short of my expectations (based on my boss's opinion of himself).

The problem is that I've not seen anything (I've already been looking for a few weeks) and my boss is likely to block any internal move. There are a few reasons I don't want to move externally, but I have to be realistic and keep that option there.

The timing isn't great. My boss is off work this week for stress-related reasons, so landing this on his doorstep isn't ideal, however you don't get any Brownie points for worrying about other people. Indeed to worry about myself so, to directly quote KfW2... "Fuck him".

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...