Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Sigh.

"All set for tonight?" I asked.

"Actually, I had to bring my car to work and it's parked nearby. Can we meet near me instead?"

It's not massive inconvenience - a 15 minute walk instead of 5 minutes - but this is always the case. Much like CH, QC1 will make whatever arrangements you like, but if they're not convenient to her then a last minute "emergency" will mean that these arrangements need to be changed to something to suit her.

It's one of the reasons I stopped making the effort with her a while back. Once I left the arrangements to her or AM, I stopped seeing them. It was two years almost to the day since I last saw QC1. Same for AM. And at the time they both wanted to see more of me. I did what I always do; tell them to arrange something and I'll be there.

If it weren't for exceptional circumstances, tonight wouldn't be happening.

I asked KfW2 where she was going with her friend. Tonight's cancelled. This is not a big surprised. KfW2's friend is even less reliable than CH.

"You should come to Nando's with me and QC1" I jokingly offered. "I know how to treat a woman."

"I'd actually love that," she said "but I'm out next week with CC, then there's the husband's birthday stuff to sort"

So... she was due to be out tonight, she's out next week with CC for drinks, I did some babysitting before Xmas when she was out with her best friend, plus numerous spa days with the same three girls over the past year. I can't get her out for a drink. Sigh. I'd say something, but it seems petty and childish to raise it. I am disappointed though.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...