Wednesday, February 21, 2018

And it goes on...

I've posted recently that I'm working side-by-side with KfW2 on a big project. We're right in the middle of a time-critical period where we have to get a lot of work done, quickly.

As a result, I've effectively cancelled all my meetings this week. Nothing is more important, work-wise, than this project.

One such meeting was with someone in another department. I wasn't a required attendee, just optional, but I cancelled anyway.

"Sorry, I can't make this meeting. I have important things to do that must take priority."

My boss was not impressed.

"If you cancel a meeting, you must let me know."

FFS. He didn't arrange the meeting, so this request that I tell him if I cancel a meeting with someone else is fucking appalling. He also knows how important this work is.

Then, the meeting request came through for tomorrow. I was now a required attendee.

It's this kind of micromanagement that causes stress. I can't manage my own work and my boss is making stupid decisions because I cancelled today. Is this meeting time critical? No. Is this work important? No. Is this petulant? It feels like it.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...