Monday, February 19, 2018

Reasons to be cheerful...

It should have been a good day. The thing with KfW2 looks resolved. We chatted a bit and nothing seemed out of the ordinary, so my gut feeling over the weekend was simply me assuming the worst and over-analysing stuff. I tend to do that with nothing else to occupy my mind.

One of the work things is on its way to being resolved and first impressions are that I'm going to be successful... to a certain extent. I'm  not going to get the recognition that I feel I deserve, nor will that result in a pay re-alignment that I was aiming for.

Chatting with KfW2 on the way home, we were both pessimistic about what's going to happen this year. We can't see it being a good year for anyone on our team with the current management and excessive workload. We've both decided, separately, that trying to be good, to forge a career, isn't worth the effort. KfW2 is looking to move on. She's talked about it, on and off, since I've known her, but this time feels different.

So, while there were definite reasons to be positive, the end of the day has left me feeling somewhat empty.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...