Wednesday, February 14, 2018

BIG SIGH

There's something in the air. That something, dear reader, is a storm cloud. I feel that, any day now, KfW2 and I are going to have a fight.

We're working on a project together. I say "together", but really it's mostly her (excellent) work and I'm just doing some technical donkey work to help out.

Except communication, at least on a project basis, is not KfW2's strong point.

She's stressed about an upcoming deadline. I'm stressed about an upcoming deadline. She's frustrated that I'm not getting stuff done as quickly as she (or I) would like. I'm frustrated because she only drip feeds information or changes her mind without telling anyone.

A few weeks ago:

KfW2: Can you do X for me?
Me: Yup.
*Ruuude goes off to research X*
KfW2 (a few hours later): Can you do Y for me?
Me: I'm trying to get X done for you.
KfW2: Oh, I did that already.
Me: *silently* FFS.

Today:
KfW2: Can you do Z for me?
Me: Yup.
*Ruuude goes off and starts on Z, which will take all day*
KfW2 (a few hours later): Can you do A for me?
Me: I was doing Z.
KfW2: Forget that, do A instead.
Me: OK.
KfW2: (20 minutes later) Have you done A yet?
Me: No, nothing's working, I'm trying to figure it out.
KfW2: *list a couple of things to try*
KfW2 (5 mins later): Have you done those things I suggested yet?
Me: No, I was trying some other stuff

I know she's frustrated. If she pulls this off she gets massive amounts of kudos. But she's all over the place, doing ten things at once with most of the knowledge in her head. I like getting one or two things done and moving on. But having her chop and change and breathing down my neck is making me frustrated and often giving me little information to start. She doesn't have to tell me for the tenth time when the deadline is... I know!

Sigh.

Also: what a great Valentine's Day post.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...