Monday, February 03, 2014

So, this online dating thing.

Something that happened over the weekend kinda reinforces my opinion on online dating. While helping my sister with a few things, I got talking to an attractive brunette. We swapped business cards and throughout the day, managed to have a very brief conversation.

All day, though, I had this niggling feeling that I knew her from somewhere and I said as much to my sister. She had said that she thought the brunette girl reminded her of KfW2 in personality. Looks-wise, I get a SSCW/CAB vibe from her.

Regardless, this is slight side-tracking. Ultimately, I was a little attracted to her. She was easy to talk to, easy on the eye, physically my type, but the thing to focus on was the physical attraction. It's been a while since there was a stirring.

Had I saw her on an online dating site, then I probably would have dismissed her for being too young (I reckon she's at the very low end of the age range I specify on online dating sites, but that's an assumption) and for living over 30 miles away. Talking to her, though, was a completely different matter.

That's the issue I have with online dating sites - there's too much focus on box ticking rather than meeting people. Who knows who we're not meeting because we concentrate on predetermined checklists?

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...