Sunday, February 16, 2014

Grrrr... Part 1.

It's been far too long since I was out with GM, so when he sent a late invite to a birthday bash this weekend, I was quick to accept. I had made arrangements with S - we had a few drinks on Friday night and planned what we were going to do on Saturday.

Just before he (S) arrived, he broke some bad news - he was bringing out his whining, self-obsessed friend. I was saying to KfW2 at the end of last week that I couldn't make up my mind if it was a strength or a weakness in character that S is so loyal to his friends. I'm sure I've posted before how his small group of friends is the centre of his life and he won't break his routine with them if something else comes up.

For example, I only managed to get him out on Friday because his usual Friday night thing got bumped due to Valentine's Day.

Right from the start, S's friend annoyed me. He has strong opinions on everything but is usually factually incorrect. When things go wrong, it's always someone else's fault, never his. We decided to walk to the bar to meet GM. Cue moaning from S's friend. If things don't go exactly the way he wants, there's just a constant stream of whining and bitching.

Thankfully, when we got to the final bar, he disappeared to see some other supposed friends and we didn't see him for the rest of the night. I think S has finally realised that I really don't like this person as I think I really went over the top in my criticism of him throughout the night.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...