Sunday, February 16, 2014

Grrr... Part 2.

It was CB's birthday on Friday. I know this because her age went up between Thursday and Friday on her Match.com profile.

As luck would have it, I was due to be in bars over the weekend in the city that I know she frequents (according to the little information I got from GB last year and the aforementioned profile).

So, if she was out and about over the weekend, my chances of being in the same room as her had risen dramatically and I was feeling pretty good about myself (that usually means better moods, more confidence etc.)

With meeting up with GM (a great wingman) and S (who has his moments), it was shaping up to be pretty positive. I even had a gut feeling that I would bump into her.

So, almost predictably, it all went south quite early. S and I were in the right place on Friday night, but it was mainly blokes out.

GM decided not to go to any of his usual haunts, and while we started off in a decent bar where there were plenty of cute girls, GM then went to a horrible bar where the music is too loud to have proper conversations. I think he made that choice because his new girlfriend had friends there, rather than making his own choice.

It ended up being a decent night out - GM's new girlfriend is really nice and his friends are good company (and usually attractive, but attached females), but there was still an element of disappointment that we didn't hit any of the bars I initially assumed we would.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...