Thursday, February 20, 2014

As expected...

The usual group of us have a big night out planned for a few weeks. As is the norm, I sent out the email today with suggested venue, meeting time and all the normal pertinent information.

It only took a few minutes before GB replied in the negative. I knew it would happen and had predicted as much to KfW2 a few days ago when we were talking about the details initially. KfW2 chased GB up for an explanation and what she got back was, to put it bluntly, a load of bullshit. The real reason is because it's too far away/too much trouble to get to. Bear in mind that she had no issues going to the exact same pub when she lived less than five minutes walk from it, but now it's a bus or taxi journey, it's "not good enough".

Still, it's not me who's going to be losing out - she's the one ostracising herself and quite frankly, I don't give a damn any more. In fact, I pretty much told KfW2 earlier that GB is effectively off my radar for being lazy/selfish and useless as a friend over the past fifteen months.

I know that CH has had similar thoughts about GB and social outings.

I don't think KfW2 sees that as being a big deal. "You're not really that close anyway, are you? You're friends, but are you close?" was what she asked.

She's right to an extent, but I still think it's a big deal when you stop looking at a friend as a friend.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...