Thursday, February 13, 2014

General musings.

Tomorrow is St. Valentine's Day. I've never really celebrated it, mainly because if I've been dating at the time, the women involved haven't made a big deal of it. I can't recall too many women I've been dating on 14th February, though. 

Plus, if I am blowing my own trumpet a little, I didn't need to make some token gesture on February 14th as I was always quite good in general at making random, surprise gestures of my affection.

The only anonymous card I ever received wasn't legitimate, instead being a bit of a prank from AM and QC1 (back in the days when I had real feelings for QC1). I didn't find out for months though until AM let it slip one night when we were out in the pub.

I always wanted to get a proper, anonymous card from a cute girl who would eventually reveal herself to me but it never really panned out. Maybe because it's not seen as something women do?

That kinda leads me on to online dating. There hasn't been much movement, to be honest. I'm still sitting on about sixteen messages sent with no reply. I've had a few emails from women, but no one who's really piquing my interest. KfW2 hasn't really mentioned it either recently, so the motivation has really just ebbed away.

The frustration with online dating continues, not just because of the mechanics of the whole thing with the various restrictions on the sites, but also because of the mentality of women. Even on a dating site, women rarely seem to take any initiative, so the number of women willing to make the first move is incredibly small.

I'm due to go out with S tomorrow night where we'll hopefully head to a local bar that I want to spend more time in, just for a chat and a few drinks. Nothing particularly rowdy because we're meant to be heading out on Saturday night with GM amongst others. I'm looking forward to the weekend, but I sense a bit of a funk on the horizon as well.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always wanted an anonymous card too.. though in my case from a cute guy. Never happened for me either. I just assumed (or rather consoled myself by deciding to think) sending anon cards must be more of a girl thing than a guy thing. Ah well...

Happy Valentine's Day :) x

*hug*

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...