Monday, May 13, 2013

The rules of life.

Yesterday was a very "rules" orientated day. I'd mentioned in another post about refusing to follow the unspoken rules of online dating (probably to my detriment) and it came up a few times in other conversations with, amongst others, USHW and FP. Sometimes, when I'm feeling good about myself, I like the fact that I regard myself as somewhat off the wall. I don't mean in an American-sitcom-kooky kind of way, but rather that I don't automatically follow the rules as set out by others.

My friendships with USHW and to a certain extent DSC and CH are not entirely standard. I know for a fact that CH thinks that my friendship with KfW2 is completely non-standard given her incredulous look and line of questioning when I mentioned, one lunchtime, that I would be phoning KfW2 at some point that day (she was off work). I wasn't able to pin down if CH had issues with my friendship with a work colleague or a mixed-sex friendship with someone in a relationship. I think the latter. Christ knows how she would react if she knew we'd spent quite a few nights in the pub, just the two of us, getting squiffy and having long conversations about lots of things.

USHW probably knows me better than anyone, including past girlfriends. No-one else even has an inkling of half the stuff that USHW knows about me - crushes, desires, neuroses... she knows more of them than anyone else on the planet.

I know a lot of people expected CH and I to hate each other - we're both intelligent people with strong opinions, but we clicked pretty much instantly. There's a weird undercurrent of something else going on there as well, which will probably never see the light of day.

Do people frown upon men and women having close friendships or is it just a gossip thing? They're close therefore there must be something more going on?

Other people have, in the past, mentioned that I have some unusual points of view, though I can't remember the conversations offhand. They mentioned this in, I think, a positive way. I don't know where I'm going with this. I started off talking about "rules", specifically unspoken ones, but I've just rambled off topic somewhat.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...