Sunday, May 26, 2013

A day of ups and downs.

DSC came to town yesterday and we did our usual thing of pottering about, having coffee, lunch etc. and chatting. It's been ages since I last saw her - possibly late February - so it was nice to be able to talk properly with her and get updated on her life... it's been pretty dramatic of late. I have to say that I have some concerns about this relationship that she's in and how happy she is (or isn't as the case may be), but she refuses to acknowledge it even though the signs are all there. She left mid-afternoon, and that gave me some time to get ready for the night out with GB, MF, GM and a few others. KfW2 had already been in contact to say she wasn't going to make it - she's been really ill/run down recently that I think is at least partly stress-related. I called her to check up on her for a few minutes while DSC was trundling around TK Maxx and we chatted. I wasn't really in the mood for the night out, even though it was my idea, but I went out anyway, mainly to see GM... and I am glad that I did.

It took GB less than an hour to start to annoy me. The entire thing was my suggestion initially and we had all agreed to meet at a certain place. First of all, despite clarifying the pre-agreed arrangements, she turned up 45 minutes late, then after only an hour in the first pub, started whining about leaving because it was too expensive. I was meant to be meeting my sister and brother-in-law in the same pub, so was reluctant to move on. I could easily have text them an update, but by this stage, it's a point of principle, so I made everyone stay on for about another hour.

Due to seating arrangements, I didn't really speak to her for the rest of the night, which was fine by me. KfW2 surprised me by turning up (I'd been texting her all afternoon and early evening) and was glad to see that she was feeling much better. She was in brilliant form and myself, GM and her bantered away all night. My sister and brother-in-law did turn up after their other thing had finished, and I got the chance to introduce KfW2 to them, which I've wanted to do for quite a while actually - my sister and bro-in-law hear loads about KfW2 and likewise, KfW2 hears a lot about them and their children from me. Unsurprisingly, they got along really well. KfW2 text me to say she really liked them, and I haven't had any feedback from my sister yet, but I daresay it will be very positive.

The only real downside is that I wanted to have a bit more of a conversation with GM about GB/CB and her behaviour, but it was hard to find a quiet corner to do it, so I'll have to wait until we go out without the bigger crowd, when we tend to have more serious conversations anyway.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...