Friday, May 10, 2013

FFS

Due to my current rut/funk, I have been trying to get GM and/or S out to the pub for what seems like ages. Certainly on and off for the past 6 weeks or so. This weekend, I suggest, he could come to mine for the FA Cup final, we'd have some food, beers and then head out to the pub.

"I can't" he replied. "I'm up to my fucking eyes in debt and have locked all my credit cards away because I keep spending on them. I'll come down for the footy, but I can't afford to go out"

Fair enough, I replied. Come down, grab a carry out and we'll make a night of it. You still get a cheap night out.

Nothing in reply... until tonight as I left work at 6PM.

"My mate has talked me into going out, FFS. You should come out too!"

Hmmm. Why don't you stay in tonight, then spend this mystical windfall tomorrow night? I asked.

"I've already agreed to this!"

No reply from me. I am semi-tempted to go out, but I want to chill out for an hour first before making a decision - the pub he's suggested is decent enough and there should be something to look at, but I am pissed at him for agreeing to go out tonight. His issue is that he has two tiers of friends: what I call his "proper friends" - a small group of lads that he's known since school and "other friends", which is everyone else (including girlfriends) and the category I fall in to. His "proper friends" can get him to drop everything at a moment's notice and he fits the rest of us (including his girlfriends) in around them.

It's one of his "proper friends" that's talked him into going out tonight and I think it's pretty fucking bad manners that he cries poverty to me (esepcially given the past few weeks where I have constantly tried to get him out) and yet as soon as one of his "proper friends" suggests the pub, he finds money from somewhere and doesn't think anything of inviting me out.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...