Thursday, January 31, 2013

An all-female digest.

CH's attendance at the work thing tomorrow night has suddenly been put in jeopardy by child-minding issues. It's disappointing, but unsurprising. It's happened before. That's reduced my own enthusiasm for tomorrow night, which I had been looking forward to quite a bit and although GB and MF are good company, I fancied a bit of light flirting and ambiguous too-ing and fro-ing.

Still, a lack of CH (and her insistence on drinking shots) might mean I have less of a hangover for meeting DSC on Saturday for lunch and shopping.

I have lots to update DSC on, not least the CB thing (still nothing from GB or our Mutual Facebook Friend on that score) and the plastic date thing that I'm doing as a favour for MM. That's taken an interesting few turns this week already as the initial contact came in on Tuesday night and was, how can I put it, enthusiastic. It certainly didn't seem like it was a platonic thing from the way the text was written and subsequent contact hasn't really swayed me from that initial assumption. It was a message from MM earlier today that kinda, sorta put my mind at ease when it was pointed out that the girl in question is ten years my junior and probably very nervous about meeting new people.

I still have a certain level of reservation about it all - I worry that she's looking for more than just a trial run and that I'll then have to deal with fallout. I really don't like fallout and have often made sacrifices when it looks as if it is on the cards. Turning down E3 last year after a birthday party is just one recent example, but there have been others. I guess it's why I try and date outside of my social circle, so that if something goes "wrong", then I can walk away.

I guess this all goes back to the brief few months when I was fucking FBS. I was just interested in a fuck buddy, she wanted more. As we worked together and had plenty of mutual friends, plenty of people tried to get involved when it looked like I was gonna walk away (which I was, to be fair) which really didn't help - partly because I am stubborn and while I didn't want to offend FBS, I knew that she wasn't what I was looking for in a girlfriend. I also didn't think that it was their business.

That still resonates with me, even today. I'll try not to announce plans or goals or anything that will potentially happen until I know for sure that things will pan out the way I want. That's why I was (am) keeping the CB thing as close to my chest as I can though, through necessity, other people have found out and been let in on the, well, not secret, but knowledge.

Regardless, it looks as if I will be meeting up with this girl at some point next week - we still need to arrange the details, but even that seems to be more trouble that I think it should.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...