Monday, January 07, 2013

Putting plan A into action.

I was chatting with A again today, our conversation continuing from last week. I ran my idea about CB past her (it never hurts to have second opinions) and she seemed positive about it, as long as I was communicating with the mutual acquaintance, not CB directly. We then segued into a conversation in general about meeting partners. It's always been an issue for me. I can talk to as many people as I want but put a girl in front of me that I am really attracted to and I'm an idiot.

It should be less of an issue these days - I'm much, much more confident today than I was ten years ago, and this can be seen just by following me around a bar on a Friday or Saturday night. Before I would go to the bar and back to my mates without saying a word. These days, it's banter and mild flirting with cute girls. While A wasn't saying anything similar, she did agree that as soon as those feelings surface, people just turn into different people. She's now married and settled now but I was fully informed all the way through the courtship that her lover/boyfriend/fiancé/husband was an idiot - in the nicest possible way - he wasn't a jerk.

But, all this aside, I'm hoping that I'm going to be able to chat with GB tonight about the CB idea and the mutual acquaintance, assuming she's in her house as I am passing. To be honest, I'm a bit pessimistic. What can I hope to achieve? At best, I might find out if she's single (which I'm 99.9% sure of anyway) and if she's looking to meet new people (I'm not sure if she is). None of this is getting me closer to meeting her, though, which is the ultimate goal.

Oh, and I can't believe New Year's Eve was only a week ago - it seems so long already.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...