Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Great success!

I sat down in GM's last night with a beer and we started talking. GM is around a dozen years younger than I am, but we have very similar viewpoints and just connect really. He's also a man that really doesn't judge, which makes him easy to talk to.

By the time GB got back from wherever it was that she was, we had already covered a multitude of topics including online dating, talking to strangers, New Year's Eve, CB (you can kinda see how the conversation flowed here) and when GB came back, we moved onto chemistry, online dating (again) and back onto CB again (at GM's request).

Surprisingly, GB volunteered, by herself, to go off and talk to our mutual Facebook friend and see what information she can get. As well as that, she also did some Facebook stalking to see if we could gain any knowledge. I've been trying to stay away from CB's profile because, well, I'd really like this to come to something and I'm trying to keep myself grounded. I'm still not sure how this will pan out because all this is going to get me is information. I still need to meet the girl.

That sounds kinda sad for a man my age - I'm not a teenager any more, but it's rarely that I get this chemistry for anyone, never mind a girl I've seen a few times on a website and maybe seen in a bar a few times. Recent girls, such as MMBF are cute and (very) sexy, but I've not sat up and paid attention like I did that night.

Last night wasn't just a success because of GB's volunteering though. As mentioned above, GM and I had a chat about making more of an effort, socially. Just chilling with a drink and talking for a couple of hours doesn't have to be done in the pub. We should see each other more, just for chilling.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...