Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Goals 2013


Unlike previous years, I have a few things to look forward to instead of just general things and goals. KfW2's wedding is in the summer which is going to involve foreign travel - my first proper holiday in five years. And given the weather in the UK over the past few years, seeing/getting a bit of sun is not going to do me any harm.

I'm still assuming that me and a group of pals are still going to be doing a 10KM run in a few month's time, so that's giving me motivation to get up off my arse and do some exercise... and do it properly. I'm planning on making small adjustments to my diet as well to help shift some weight, but I'm not planning on making huge changes - that's a fast lane to failure/quitting.

I've always made a passing comment about dating, too, but I appreciate that these things are out of my hands. There's also been the issue/concern that it's been years since I last met a girl who I was really attracted to and that was RB. I did ponder MMBF for a while and she is cute/sexy, but I think I thought I should have been interested, but wasn't really. Maybe MM's reluctance to lend a hand added to that or the fact that she thought MMBF was too high maintenance for me or maybe I just wasn't that interested in the first place. Who knows?

However, over the past few months my thoughts towards CH have been less than platonic. I'm comfortable with this - having the feelings is not a crime in itself and it's not like I'm sitting here pining for her. There's also the recent sighting of CB on New Year's Eve that has me excited in a way I haven't been in a long time, even though I have no idea if there's any possibility that it can go any further. I still need to engineer something, but this might not be that difficult now I've voiced an appreciation to MF, GB and GM.

Work-wise, things went well last year and I'm hoping that they will improve this year. There's a high profile project coming up that will probably require some travel for a few weeks and the boss has told me that he's looking to get me involved in that, which I'd love. It would be a challenge, but I'm starting to look for them now.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...