Monday, January 17, 2011

COM-PRO-MISE

There’s been another spectacular fail by DSC in her relationship with this idiot she’s been dating since last summer. I have a low opinion of him because of his religious and political views, though any time I’ve met him we’ve gotten along fine. Where I come from, these things are viewed with some importance, but this is getting side-tracked.

Following a night out with the boyfriend, DSC had decided that she needed to see where they stand. She’s long complained about the lack of fun in their relationship. It seems to me that since they started dating, there was no honeymoon period where they had fun and got to know each other, they went straight into full on relationship-mode. Now I think they’re paying the price. DSC has tried to bring this up with her boyfriend time and time again, but it seems that these pleas are falling on deaf ears. If I’m being honest, I think DSC’s boyfriend is getting exactly what he wants from this relationship. It’s DSC who’s not, but while she’s not brace enough to dump him, he doesn’t have an incentive to change.

I’m not a huge fan of women trying to change their partners (or vice-versa, I guess), but there has to be an element of compromise involved and DSC’s boyfriend isn’t doing this and all compromise is coming from DSC’s side.

She was going to dump him on Monday night but, after a chat, they’re still together and, as far as I can see, still trundling along the way the boyfriend wants to, not DSC.

I don’t understand why she continues to hang on in there when it seems to me that it’s making her extremely unhappy. For her own sake, she should get rid, I think.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...