Thursday, January 27, 2011

Let's talk stress.

Since the start of the year, I've been feeling somewhat under the weather. I've no idea what it is, it's just a general malaise rather than something specific. The only thing I can think of offhand is that the upheaval over Xmas (and excesses) took it out of me more than I thought. I'm also considering the fact that my current project in work is stressing me more than I realise.

This last bit is concerning me because I've only moved into this new department last summer and everything is still new to me and I don't think I've ever been the type to get stressed easily. I'm surprised myself at the lack of work I've done since then and now I find myself on my first project with a very daunting learning curve and a project that just seems to keep snowballing with every bit of research that I do on it. My only experience thus far is a training course that really only taught me the basics, so this is quite a shock to the system. I want to learn more and projects like this are the best way of learning, but I look at the work that I'm meant to be doing over the next five or six weeks and I get very apprehensive.

I do have support at work, but if I'm being honest, I'd far rather that I wasn't the only person involved in this aspect of the project. Having to ask other people constantly for help take them away from their own work, especially when I will be spending a lot of time in the near future reading over technical manuals and related websites.

The next few months are going to be very tough, professionally speaking.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...