Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Back in black.

I have been under the impression that the universe doesn’t want me to get fitter and lose weight. For the past two years, it seems that any time I try and ramp up my exercise routines, some injury comes along and scuppers me for a while. When I go to make a return, something else happens to keep me away from the gym or football pitch for another month or so. So, while I will rarely have the same injury twice in a row, coming back from a twisted knee might mean I then pull my hamstring, for example.

This time, it was no different. I came through an hour’s worth of football last Friday with no serious concerns about my Achilles – just the usual aches and pains from a return to exercise. However, on Sunday, I managed to tweak my back while loading the dishwasher of all things. The pain has been uncomfortable this week, but not excruciating though enough to stop me from playing football last night or even walking home from work. The worrying thing is that I don’t think it’s muscular… I think it might be a disk problem. If that’s the case, then that’s worrying.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...