Thursday, January 13, 2011

Let's talk about food and diets.

While I haven't yet begun my diet reformation, I have been reading up on various things I can incorporate in order to achieve my goal. Alongside the Harris Benedict equation to calculate my calorie intake, I've been reading up on trying to eat smaller meals, but more often. Most articles I've read talk about six smaller meals per day rather than three larger ones.

Also, there are recommendations about how to break down this calorific intake. There appear to be a few schools of thought: 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fat or a 40/30/30 split for carbs/proteins and fats.

These same sources also suggest that eating carbs earlier in the day and then swapping onto protein rich meals later is also a good habit to pick up.

Finally, pretty much everyone suggests drinking a lot of water - around 2 litres per day.

These are all ideas I hope to incorporate into my diet regime as time goes on, introducing one at a time so that I'm not making huge changes all at once. That's just a recipe for disaster when big changes are made and you lose enthusiasm because the changes are too great.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...