Monday, January 03, 2011

What am I thinking?

In a conversation with DSC earlier today, she asked if I would be getting back on the dating trail this year. I said that I would, but that it wasn't a resolution or anything being out of my control for the most part. Then she asked if I would be joining a dating site again. My reply would have taught sailors some new words and it was, of course, in the negative.

I didn't have to explain to her why this was. DSC knows my "luck" with dating sites and she has no idea why I wasn't getting more attention, much less dates or anything else.

As a counter-argument, I suggested that she might get involved again if this current relationship of hers is as good as over (as she claims), but she says that she needs to take a break from all that, having been dating or in a relationship since she left her husband almost two years ago. DSC did say that she probably would get back into it after a while though as she thinks that's the only way she will meet new people.

The thing that's getting me angry is that I am seriously considering getting back into it through Plenty of Fish or Match in a few weeks once I get settled back to work and get started on the diet/fitness thing. I really didn't get the results I wanted out of either of those sites for the amount of work that I put in, so why am I considering going back?

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...