Saturday, June 14, 2008

Growing old... (Part 2)

Following on from this post, I did go and see my GP about my knee. He does have a background in sports medicine/treatment, so this was one time that I was sure he'd be able to help. After prodding away at my knee for the best part of ten minutes, he really couldn't see anything wrong and gave me a basic prescription for anti-inflammatories.

He also weighed me and took my blood pressure. It appears that I've put on about 4 kg since I was last weighed in 2004. However, I was quite pleased as this actually meant I'd lost about 4kg (about 8/9 lbs) since the start of the year. I've no idea how or why as my diet hasn't changed enough to warrant that weight loss and I know that my increased football isn't responsible because that's only been ongoing for about 4 weeks and I know that I lost 2kg alone when I was travelling with E. He never said much about the blood pressure, so I assume that's OK or better!

It's given me a boost though and I can hopefully lose the same weight again to get me down to roughly 82 kg. That was kind of my goal when I was seeing GC semi-regularly at the gym and there's no reason to change that.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...