Wednesday, June 25, 2008

E's family thing.

E Day has been and gone. I spent a rather pleasant afternoon walking around some shop before grabbing some lunch then retiring to the pub for a few drinks and some pool. Unfortunately, E Day ended early as E's mother had arranged a family dinner with a few relatives. I was actually invited along, but I can be useless at meeting new people and especially those outside of my immediate age range (e.g. I have no qualms about meeting brothers or sisters, but when it's mums or dads or aunties or uncles, then things are different). I did use the family angle to run away, too. I think E might have been a little disappointed (and I was too as we normally spend all afternoon and all evening in each other's company during these days out), but thanks to E's mum, it was unavoidable. However, we usually end up quite drunk and as I was in work today, this was probably a blessing in disguise (though it would have been nice if we'd extended the afternoon out by a few hours).

I will be meeting a load of E's friends this coming weekend though.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...