Saturday, June 21, 2008

Oh for a lottery win!

It's cold and wet outside, though I'm quite comfy here. The heat put out by my laptop and desktop PCs are enough to keep the room comfortable. I can't settle though. I spend a few minutes doing something, get restless and move on to something else. I'm bored but not bored. I've books to read, films to watch, games to play, personal stuff to sort (finances etc.), stuff to write and my website to tinker with. It's not as if I don't have anything to do, but I'm lying on my bed, with the laptop, thinking about other things...

I'm thinking about a lottery win... my lottery day dreams come in four flavours.

The really big one! A huge Euro Millions lottery win... €60 million (approximately £45 million or $90 million) and just do what I please for the rest of my life, give a ton of it to my immediate family and not worry about work or anything again.

The big one! A good weekend jackpot on the lotto these days is about £8 million and that'd be just dandy thank you. After making sure the family were taken care of, I'd still have enough to live well. I'd probably not have enough to retire on, but I after an initial spending spree, I could invest the rest wisely enough to supplement any future income and certainly live extremely well.

The moderate one! £250,000 or thereabouts. I'm not sure what these moderate lotto wins are these days, but the price of a decent house/apartment in a decent area of my hometown is about a quarter of a million quid. I wouldn't share any of this... I'd be entire selfish andpay off my own debts before ploughing the rest into my own place to live.

The small one! A couple of grand... enough to pay off the majority of my current debts which would make me better off. The debt situation is something that sits at the back of my mind, though I am getting rid of it albeit a bit slower than I would have liked. A small lotto win would probably cut it in half and the rest could be paid off fairly quickly after that.

It's weird that I do get these lottery day dreams because money is not a huge factor for me. Yes, I have debts, but they're not crippling and I am paying them off. I don't have that many overheads and I am still able to afford a fair amount of luxuries like going to gigs, foreign travel etc. Guys in work are forever mentioning how much people get paid in other firms that do the same work, but I like our company and the money's adequate.

Ah well... I'm getting restless again. Back to my book...

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...