Saturday, June 14, 2008

Cause and effect

With the huge cockup at work last week, I've spent all my time creating the solution to a problem that wasn't mine. In turn, that's eaten into time I had set aside for another project I've been allocated which is currently putting my planned, but still un-requested, time off for the near future in jeopardy. Ordinarily, that's not a big thing as I only take time to chill out without any real goals, but this time off was carefully planned to coincide with E being home. She's already agreed to take day out with me and we only need to hammer out the dates, but I now have two deadlines to meet in the week she's home which always ties up a lot of time in finalising the work and preparation.

I could potentially make that easier by doing long hours this week, which should mean less work the week after and has the added effect of putting a load of hours into my account to take later (or perhaps immediately with E). However, QC2 should be finally availablte this week and I'm half-expecting her to want to meet up which kind of goes against my plan of getting the work done before E-day. 

I like QC2 though, and I've not seen her in months. She'll want to catch up and unusually, I've a lot to tell her about my trip away and various other things. Plus, she used to be a keen photographer and I've got loads of holiday photos to show her, a lot of which I'm really proud of and I kinda want to show them off as the feedback thus far has been disappointing.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...