Saturday, January 13, 2024

Times like these.

KfW2 called from her car. She was, unsurprisingly, late for something. She was meeting a friend for brunch. I laughed. She sounded, not upset but frustrated.

"It's not like I try to be late!"

I've said before that when we first met, her friends would tell me all sorts of stories about KfW2's tardiness. She shared a story herself of a date where she was like well over an hour late. I think this was pre-mobile phone days. He was still there. In all honesty, I would have been too.

But tellingly, she was never like that with me, barring one episode that I can recall offhand. Things have changed since she's had kids. It takes a lot more organising, for starters, plus KfW2's kids can be a handful. Not disobedient or anything like that, but it just takes them so much time to do the simplest of things due to getting distracted.

I sympathised with her but said that I'd never stop taking the piss about her timekeeping.

Regardless, she thanked me for the post that she had received. We talked for a while swapping updates on our respective lives. She talked a little about CC who's embarked on a side hustle. And just like that, half an hour had passed.

She had to finish the call to get ready to meet her friend. She was already late. Probably an hour by my estimation. I'd have been stressed out if it had been me as it was something that needed to be booked rather than just meeting in a pub or coffee place.

But I ended my part in the conversation by promising that I'd be in touch over the next few days to arrange something with her, whether that be dinner, lunch, drinks or whatever she fancies.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...