Thursday, May 19, 2022

Will she, won't she?

Apparently, according to a very excited, but random, phone call from KfW2, she's been offered the job that she'd applied for.

However, she doesn't know if she'll take it. That's a little surprising. I'd thought that if she was applying for jobs then she was unhappy. Bear in mind that it wasn't that long ago that she was in a similar position that I currently am: massive anxiety issues with interviews. While she claims to be better these days, applying for another job in another company and actually going through with the interview process is still a big thing for her. I can't see her doing it lightly.

There's another factor at play - a recent assessment of sorts in work. This was where things got a little confusing as she was not really describing this too well. What I took from this was that she was assessed based on her current role (management) and her potential future performance, and she didn't score particularly well. Three stars out of five or something, I think she said.

KfW2 is very driven (a trait that I admire and am somewhat jealous of because I lack motivation for pretty much everything). But I sometimes think she can be unrealistic in her expectations. She's only been doing the job for about 2 years. She's still learning and finding her feet and voice as a manager, having been a "pleb" (like me) for over twenty years.

So, I think she's quite angry that the person who assessed her hasn't given her top marks. I inferred, from the phone call, that she was going to talk to the guy to see why he'd scored her so low (KfW2's words, not mine).

I guess it'll be a combination of factors that'll decide whether she takes the job - a chat with her assessor, the package from the new company (inc. salary) and whatever counter offer the company will offer. It's going to be an interesting few days.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...