Saturday, May 21, 2022

Rambling.

I'm just off another confusing phone call from KfW2. It looks like she's going to take the job. This is at odds with her comments of a few days ago where she calculated childcare costs and figured that there's no way the new company would pay her enough to cover the childcare costs. So she'd actually lose money even with a massive pay rise.

She hasn't admitted how much she earns but suggested that the pay rise is slightly over 15%, plus she will lose her current flexibility (which is where the childcare will come into it).

She was ranting about the feedback she got, not just from her boss (I mentioned this a few days ago), but from the people she's in charge of. I think I've already suggested that she doesn't do criticism well, and today was no exception. Even though she admitted that some of the comments were accurate, she was still angry that this was brought up in the company-wide manager feedback survey.

Despite excellent work/life balance, our company is having its own fair share of woes in employee retention (you may have heard of "The Great Resignation"). I think KfW2 is caught up in that. It would be nice if our company re-evaluated its salary structure, but traditionally we've been quite tight on that front. I think that's why we're losing people. Our work/life balance was always our selling point. But now all I.T. companies have a similar WLB... except they're paying more.

Getting back to it... unless something strange happens on Monday, KfW2 will leave. I'm still trying to make sense of her phone call earlier though. I know she's unhappy, but I'm struggling to understand why.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...