Friday, May 20, 2022

Good Fridays.

I caught the last episode of "Derry Girls" last night on catch-up, which provoked a memory. If you've not seen it, I'd thoroughly recommend it. The last episode takes place on the eve of the Good Friday Agreement referendum. That rang a bell with me, but it took me a while to figure out why.

I remember accompanying FA2 to her voting station, as she did with me to mine. It was a gloriously sunny Friday.

I also remember that we went to the pub to celebrate the end of violence, got somewhat tipsy and ended up in bed together.

What I didn't piece together was that this was the day that FA2 regards as our anniversary, our first day of officially being a couple. The night after she ended it with a guy she'd been dating for a few weeks. The night before we had the chat and decided to become official.

And the actual anniversary of that is only a few days away.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...