Monday, May 02, 2022

Ouch.

Every time I go walking with Nerdy Girl, I end up wrecking my feet with blisters. I've never had an issue with blisters before when walking fairly long distances (Nerdy Girl and I typically do about 6 miles), so this is something that's only come about over the past two years.

Regardless of any solutions that I try - different footwear, padded socks, non-slip socks etc. I always get blisters.

Tonight was no exception. I was wearing my walking boots (I bought them last year because GM had suggested hill walking, which never materialised) with non-slip socks. While the blisters seem to be smaller, and on different parts of my feet than usual, there are still blisters.

Or maybe it's just that, pre-pandemic, I would do easily two or three miles per day of pure walking at lunchtime and regularly clock over 10K steps daily, and that's down to less than 500 since lockdown and my feet aren't used to it?

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...