Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Woah.

A few days ago, I made a rare post on Facebook. I don't update my status much (or my profile picture etc.) I just use it to be in contact with people. On the rare occasions that I do make updates, they're usually self-deprecating and not at all serious.

My post was one of those - a pandemic-related, self-deprecating post. And I posted it to provoke a response because, as I've either said or implied elsewhere, I am feeling a little isolated. And the reaction was great - plenty of people reacted, commented and took the piss. That was exactly what I wanted.

What I wasn't expecting were outliers to say something. Outliers are people who I'm friends with on Facebook who don't really interact with me on the site or in the real world. People like FA2 or V, both of whom reacted or commented. Sports Girl, too, came out of the woodwork to post.

G sent a message over WhatsApp rather, weirdly, comment on Facebook (he is a member).

I'm actually touched by the number of people who have responded in some shape or form.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...