Thursday, November 08, 2018

Urgh.

An impromptu night out last night saw me having drinks with a colleague and a guest from the States. While it wasn't a terribly drunken night - three bars and twice as many drinks - it was fun and productive. It was worth it for conversations with both guys - an opportunity may arise to rejoin some ex-teammates, providing we can talk current bosses into it. Plus it's always good to build upon existing good relationships by talking to people face to face. While I don't work directly with the American guest, our paths do cross (and if the above mentioned opportunity comes about, then I will interact more).

Still, I awoke at 5 AM and was unable to get back to sleep, so suffice to say that today is going to be a long day. I've already had 3 strong coffees and I fear that might not be enough.

1 comment:

USHW said...

At least you have coffee. I've had to resort to tea for my caffeine fix and it's really not cutting it!!

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...