Sunday, November 25, 2018

Socially speaking.

Over the next few weeks, I have lots of time off. Being astoundingly busy during the first half of the year, with little availability for time off means I had almost two thirds of my leave entitlement to take in the last third of the year.

I had gone to my boss about this in the summer - wanting/needing to take time off but not having the opportunity - but he was useless. All he did was re-enforce the importance of the work I was doing and the timescales I had to do the work. So... in going to my boss to complain about pressure and stress, all he did was add more pressure and stress and meant I was back-loading the year for time off.

Socially, it's a busy end of the year. It usually is. I'm babysitting for my sister on Wednesday, otherwise I might have attended a speed dating event (pending moral support from GM). In a few weeks, I'm babysitting for KfW2. There are TWO work things going on, but my anger and frustration at the current favouritism means I might not attend.

There's also an annual day/evening out that usually means S, GM, FP, KfW2 and possibly FC and Mrs FC come out, amongst others. The numbers could be smaller this year, but S has already started talking about it.

All of this revolves around days off - I'm working a shorter week for at least three weeks in a row and I have an entire week off at the end of the year for Christmas.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...