Sunday, November 04, 2018

Face off.

I applied for the job last week, but even before I submitted the application, I knew I didn't really want it. I can still withdraw my application, but regardless, I don't think my boss will let me leave the team right now. There's too much on and we're already under-staffed.

But, at least applying for the job will show my current manager how unhappy I am. He doesn't see it, but I have a lot more visibility into the people, around me than he does. I know what they do daily, I know how much they earn and in nearly all instances they're better off than I am - fewer responsibilities, higher grades, higher salary.

At least, that's what I hope (that he'll see how unhappy I am) - that's also KfW2's theory. It's, quite frankly, downright insulting the way promotions and pay-rises have been given out over the past few years.

And I'm not entirely sure that my manager will take it well. In fact, I expect him to take it badly, and if I read him right, he'll complain about his problems and ignore the fact that this is not a knee-jerk reaction, but the culmination of four years of frustration on my part.

They could talk me into staying, but that would require an immediate promotion and a pay rise. I know my peers earn 30% more than I do, but I'm realistic. I'd settle for 10%, but even that's impossible.

They will cite company policy for not being able to do something (even though they are/were going to employ someone who would be a higher grade than me and earn more).

I'm nervous about having the conversation with my boss, but I'm more likely to come out of the meeting angry than satisfied.

Sigh.


No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...